So much good stuff going on, where do I begin? In no particular order...
1. New York City Marathon training has officially begun! Yes, this marks the first week in my 18 week training plan. In exactly 122 days from today, I will take on the streets & bridges of NYC for 26.2 miles. Seems so far away but I have a feeling it'll be here before I know it. I'm still working on my training schedule, trying to fit in all the miles without having too give up too many Refine Method, kickboxing or yoga classes. I'm hoping to post it within the next few days and would love your feedback when I do so stay tuned...
2. I love a good blog post that cracks me up. I mean who doesn't love to laugh? So when I read Claire's post from late last month, I knew I had to share. Although it's likely to appeal most to runners, her writing style is hysterical so I think all of you would enjoy.
3. About two weeks ago, Theodora hosted an Erica Sara giveaway on her blog and I had the opportunity to work with the winner to design her piece. The best part of what I do is hearing from the people who wear my jewelry. I love it! Congrats to Laura on winning! I'm about to work with another blogger on another giveaway so stay tuned for details.
4. I love watching my friends succeed, especially when their hard work pays off and their dreams come true. Last week, Brynn of Refine Method was featured on Inc.'s website as one of the 30 under 30 in 2011! Check out the video in which she explains the Refine Method workout and philosophy. And yes, that's me in the turquoise tank top- does this count as my 15 minutes of fame?
5. And finally, this weekend I'll be racing the inaugural Boomer's Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe 10k in Central Park. This is my first 10k since my disappointing, although still funtastic, performance at the Mini 10k last month and I'm hoping to redeem myself by running that sub 9 minute mile I've been working towards. It's been hot & humid here in NYC and I have no reason to believe that Saturday will be any different. But I'm doing my best to stay positive, hydrated, well rested, well fed and stretched out until then.
So folks, what's making you :) these days? Leave some ink & let me know!